Selamat datang tuan-tuan dan puan-puan, 歡迎你來到我的世界, Come in here and smile...

Tuesday, 26 June 2007

Work is fun for me

It has been a slow start for the beginning of the last week of this month. Was feeling sleepy throughout the day. Normally I'll feel more awake after lunch but today was different. I dozed off a number of times on different occasions and at different places, until i had my first coffee in the later afternoon teabreak. Guess i should have grab one in the early morning. I need almost 3-5 servings of coffee a day. But it hasn't been easy since i'm still awake after 12am. Drink too much, too awake to sleep, drink too little and i dozed off during working hours. I need to find the balance or else i'll be in trouble really soon if i'm not careful enough.

Just checked on my number of vacation days left. Apparently, I haven't been taking much day offs as expected. Now almost half of the year has gone by, yet i still have more than a month of day offs. I still have a bunch of off-in-lieu too. Have clear a bunch of those, but somehow more came in form of no MC, job well done and etc. More like you clear 1 day OIL, you get 1 day OIL free! I don't know why. People say i work too much and stay back too often. Some even crack jokes about it.

"Why don't you take 2 days leave? Then come back to work. Let others go on leave on your behalf."

I agreed that I stay back too often and i work too much, but i did that mainly because the work was hard to comprehend and i need more time to understand what was going on. So instead of putting it off until tomorrow or next week, might as well stay back for awhile to make sure i know what had happened. I'm not hardworking or what, just that i need more time to understand certain issues and things. Sometimes i find work is fun, never too bored for me. Others say i'm crazy, some say i'm slow, whatever they say, they are right. I'm a slow learner and i'm crazy about my work. ^_^

No comments: